Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Derry, County Londonderry
- Full-time, Permanent
Based at: Main Office – Eglinton
Position Reports to: Commercial Director
To assist the Commercial Director in all aspects of Quantity Surveying to Braidwater live projects to ensure they are built within budget, to high quality and delivered on time.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for providing preliminary costings for the Commercial Director for the purpose of feasibility.
- Responsible for the preparation of Bills of Quantities/Budgets for projects prior to commencement on site.
- Responsible for liaising with the accounts department regarding the payment of subcontractors.
- Responsible for the preparation of tenders booklets sent out by the procurement Department.
- Responsible for liaising with the Procurement Department in the assessment of subcontractor tender returns.
- Responsible for attending meetings with subcontractors and the Procurement Manager at the Pre-contract stage.
- Responsible for preparing contract documents for subcontractors.
- Responsible for the preparation of Contract programmes.
- Responsible for the preparation of material lists for pricing by the Procurement Department.
- Responsible for attending and participating in weekly site meetings with Site Management and monthly meetings with Clients were required.
- Responsible for subcontractors valuations and Final Accounts.
- Responsible for updating contract programmes.
- Responsible for compiling monthly valuations for the Commercial & Construction Director to present to clients.
- Responsible for compiling monthly Cost Budget Reports for the Commercial & Construction Director.
- Responsible for supplying information into Cost to Complete to produce output of actual costs v. budget.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a payment structure for harmonising all payments.
- Assist the Commercial & Construction Director in provision of solutions for After Sales issues by liaising with clients and tradesmen to ensure satisfactory resolution of problems or snagging matters.
- Responsible for archiving contracts and associated files.
- Responsible for the management, supervision and distribution of work within the Quantity Surveying team in the absence of the Commercial Director.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the department’s filing structure and archiving.
Competitive Salary and Bonus Offered
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
- Wellness programs
If you would like to join a company providing long term stability, then please contact Braidwater today:
mobile: 077 6955 4541
Closing Date Friday 14th February 2020 COB