Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Derry, County Londonderry
- Full-time, Permanent
Job Title: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Base: Main Office
Reporting To: Senior Quantity Surveyor
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF POST
- To assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor. To liaise with the Senior Quantity Surveyor to participate in any current projects in-house or on site as and when required.
- Report to Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Undertake the following tasks under supervision of Senior Quantity Surveyor and after relevant training and instruction –
- Quantity Surveying*
- Take-off quantities from drawings.
- Prepare Bills of Quantities using “Estimate” system (undergo training as necessary).
- Prepare, compile and send out tender packages for Subcontractor’s under the direction of the Quantity Surveyor.
- Chase up, analyse and report to the Quantity Surveyor on the returned tenders.
- Prepare, compile and send out Sub-contract documentation for successful tenders.
- Obtain relevant Insurances and Tax documents from Sub-contractors before they commence work on site.
- Carry out regular site visits to liaise with Site Foreman
- Measurement of Sub-contractors work to prepare valuation for payment. Valuation to take into account any contra-charges, rectification costs and comments from the relevant Site Manager.
- Preparation of Sub-contractor’s payment certificate including correct coding
- Preparing reports to show Sub-contractor’s costs actual v budget, and projected final account figures.
- Compiling all relevant information, figures, measurements for Sub-contractor’s final accounts.
- Notifying Sub-contractors of all snagging and defect items. Following up to see that these are all dealt with in a satisfactory manner.
- Preparation of monthly Cost –v- Budget Reports.
- Carry out feasibilities for new developments.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of Design Consultants
- Assist in the management of Project Design Teams in the Pre Construction Phase.
Competitive Salary and Bonus Offered
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
If you would like to join a company providing long term stability, then please contact Braidwater today:
mobile: 077 6955 4541
Closing Date Friday 14th February 2020 COB